A well maintained Heat Pump will ensure it is running as efficiently as possible for as long as possible.
Maintaining your Heat Pump is the best thing you can do to extend its life. This ensures it runs more efficiently, saving you money and giving you better air quality. Any of our qualified Hitachi heat pump specialists can give your heat pump a maintenance check over if your heat pump isn’t running its best.
Before you call in the professionals, you can maintain some things yourself first.
- Clean the filters. This will keep airflow clear making the heat pump more efficient.
- Vacuum your house. This will help keep the filter clean.
- Clean around your outdoor unit.
- Clean the vents.
- Keep plants away from the outdoor unit
When you call the specialists, here are things to make sure they check when maintaining your heat pump. They might find some other things to fix but have them check the following.
- Check the defrost cycle is working properly. Ice build up on the outdoor coil and inhibit the units ability to heat efficiently.
- Replacing the air filters if it cannot be cleaned properly.
- Clean the coil and fins for optimal airflow.
If you think your heat pump could do with some professional maintenance, click here to find your nearest accredited installer.
31 Jul 2019