Wanting to get the most out of your Hitachi Heat Pump?
Are you having trouble operating your heat pump?
Not sure what all the functioning modes are for?
We’ve put together some handy tips to help you get the most out of your system. Should you need more assistance please contact one of our credited Hitachi Installers here.
Remote Control Tips:
- Ensure you are standing directly in front of the heat pump when using the remote. Point the remote directly at the light on the unit.
- It might sound silly but when using your remote, make sure you hear a beep from your unit after pressing a button. If you don’t hear a beep, the action might not be complete.
- Having your temperature setting too high or low can result in the unit struggling to reach that temperature or the room getting too hot. Keep the temperature set at a reasonable temperature to ensure optimum function.
- Use ECO Mode to achieve energy savings. ECO Mode runs the unit at a slightly reduced rate to reduce power consumption while still keeping the indoor temperature comfortable.
- Cleaning your filter often will get the best performance out of the unit and give you the best air quality. The best way to clean the filter is with the vacuum cleaner every few weeks. If the dirt cannot be removed with the vacuum, soaking the filter in warm water and dishwashing liquid before washing and drying.
- Vacuuming your house regularly will also reduce the amount of dust and particles in the air, reducing the amount caught in the filter meaning it will require less cleaning.
- Keeping the area around the outdoor unit clean will also keep your unit running optimally.
- Eco Mode is programmed to run your system at a slightly reduced rate to help keep your power consumption to a minimum enabling your to achieve maximum savings.
- Fan Mode circulates air around the room without providing direct heating or cooling.
- Sleep Mode adapts the fan speed and temperature to provide quiet comfort aheating or cooling while you’re sleeping.
- Powerful Mode will run your system at maximum cooling or heating, and maximum fan speed for 20 minutes, projecting airflow further and faster to cool or heat a room rapidly.
- Low temperature Operation means Hitachi Heat Pumps can operate in outside temperatures down to as low as -15°C and as high as 46°C ensuring you stay comfortable whatever the weather.
Standard Operating Modes:
- Cool Mode is best used during summer or when the room needs cooling. This mode can help with dehumidification.
- Dry Mode is used to dehumidify the room and can help cool a room.
- Heat Mode is used to provide heating druing the colder months
- Auto Mode will let the unit change from cooling to heating automatically as required (use either heat or cool mode when possible for efficiency)
Energy Saving Tips:
- Using the timer feature will go a long way to saving energy when using your heat pump. You don’t need to leave your heat pump on all day. You can schedule to turn the unit on a half hour before you get home or get up in the morning.
- Set the thermostat to a reasonable temperature and don’t play with it! Constant changing of the heat pump temperature will use unnecessary power. Ideal temperatures are around 18-20°C for optimum function in the winter and around 22-24°C in the summer.
- Avoid using auto mode if you are looking to save power. The unit automatically switches between heating and cooling to keep the room a comfortable temperature but can waste power doing this.
You can see more features of your heat pump in the brochure here.
18 Nov 2019